Employer: College of Business Education
Duty Station: Dodoma
Application Deadline: 25th July 2013
Duties and Responsibilities
• Teaches students up to NTA level 10
• Reviews methodology, content and quality of academic programmes for the purpose of improving quality of graduates.
• Carries out special instructional activities requiring high degree of competence and technological expertise and experience;
• Guides and supervises under graduates and post graduates in research projects;
• Participates in planning, development, controlling and running of the curriculum;
• Designs and oversee construction of research equipment’s;
• Assists and guide students in building up their practical and research projects;
• Conducts consultancy and community service jobs;
• Provides advisory services to the public;
• Prepares and published technical papers and books in relevant fields;
• Undertakes academic administration duties;
• Prepares learning resources and design training exercises for students;
• Undertakes individual research, guide junior staffs and participates in scientific/academic congregations;
• Prepares teaching manuals, simulations and case studies for training;
• Coaches junior teaching staff;
• Assumes managerial leadership roles e.g. coordination of academic programmes or major research projects and consultancy.
Qualification and Experience
• Doctorate (PhD) degree in procurement field that is eligible for registration as technical teacher.
• Working experience in teaching, research and consultancy of at least three years in lectureship position or equivalent in a related or allied institution.
• Has published at least three peer reviewed papers; Specialized in Procurement field
Attractive remuneration package in accordance with the Institution’s salary scale. PHTS 13 – 14
How to Apply:
i. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 45 years old, however, should also observe the age limit for each position where indicated.
ii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers.
iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
iv. The title of the position and institution applied for should be written in the subject of the application letter and marked on the envelope; short of which will make the application invalid.
v. Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of Academic certificates:
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
- Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
- Computer Certificate
- Professional certificates from respective boards
- One recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
vi. FORM IV AND FORM VI RESULTS SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED
vii. Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted.
viii. Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will necessitate to legal action
ix. Applicants for senior positions currently employed in the public service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
x. Applicants for entry levels currently employed in the Public Service should
not apply, they have to adhere to Government Circular Na. CAC. 45/257/01/D/140 dated 30th November, 2010.
xi. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
xii. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
xiii. Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or advanced level education should be certified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA)
xiv. Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU)
xv. Dead line for application is 25th July, 2013 at 3:30 p.m
xvi. Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed to indicate
xvii. Women are highly encouraged to apply
xviii. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview
xix. Application letters should be written in Swahili or English
xx. Application letters should be posted to the following address. Hand delivery is not acceptable:
Secretary OR Katibu
Public Service Recruitment Sekretarieti ya Ajira katika
Secretariat, Utumishi wa Umma
P. O. Box 63100 S. L. P 63100,
DAR ES SALAAM. DAR ES SALAAM.