Job Title: Senior Accounts Officer
Employer: Mantra Tanzania Limited (Mantra),
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 31st July 2013
Mantra Tanzania Limited (Mantra), is seeking to recruit dynamic high quality individuals who can meet the technical requirements and demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement to fill the above vacancy
• Review & sign-off of petty cash and MPESA reconciliations ensure balancing of cash and reconciliation to GL.
• Review and sign-off of staff advances
• Review and sign-off of accounts payable & GRV suspense control accounts on monthly basis.
• Ensure adequate reconciliation of supplier accounts
• Identify and resolve problems with above reconciliation process and ensure that processes are amended to prevent reoccurrence of identified problems.
• Review & sign-off creditors' payments in respects of completeness of back-up documentation and compliance to company authorisation policy.
• Loading of payments on electronic banking platform to ensure timely payment of company creditors
• Ensure adequate maintenance of petty cash float.
• Participate in company required audits.
• Maintain the fixed asset register and ensuring accuracy.
• Responsible for the preparation of the requisite tax returns and ensure timely lodgment and payments
• Control the daily data input for the operative accounting system ensuring accuracy, proper cost coding and produce quality financial reports.
• Responsible for reconciliation of the financial control accounts on a monthly basis
• Assist the Finance Manager with budgeting process.
• Assist with the monthly financial reporting to shareholders
• Supplier liaison where required.
• Assists with document management in the section.
• Assist to ensure company insurance policies are up to date and company's assets are adequately covered and all claims are immediately lodged in case of any loss
• Maintain contracts register
• Ensure company recovers any back charges to contractors (or any third party).
• Design and advise systems of internal control including drafting of accounting processes and procedures
• Assists with the follow up of issues related to payment of taxes, annual rents on exploration licences and other related permits with various government ministries and departments
• An Accounting degree from a recognized institution.
• A CPA Tanzania holder or its equivalent.
• At least 4 years working in a similar role.
• Prior work experience in a mining or construction environment with staff supervision would be an added advantage.
Knowledge and Skills
• Competent user of the Microsoft Office Suite.
• IFRS knowledge.
• Understanding of ERP systems.
• Solid analytical & problem solving skills.
• Good oral communication skills, both in English and Kiswahili.
How to Apply:
Submit their resume (indicating the position title in the subject heading) via postal address to;
The Organisational Capability department
Mantra Tanzania Limited
P.O Box 23451
Dar es Salaam
Only Short listed applicants will be contacted.