Job Title: Programme Advisor-Women's Economic Leadership
Employer: Oxfam Tanzania
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 2nd August 2013
Gross salary: Tshs: 1,728, 002 Per month and other benefits
Contract Type: Two years fixed Term Contract
Job Ref No:INT6413
Oxfams an International NGO is currently looking for a dynamic and knowledgeable Programme Advisor-Women Economic Leadership to enhance the impact of our work in Tanzania.
The incumbent for this role will be reporting to the Programme Coordinator – Economic Justice. The following will be the roles and responsibilities of the post holder:
• Work towards the development and implementation of the women’s Economic leadership projects. You will work with the programme coordinator and provide support in relation to women’s issues and gender integration within programme work.
• Providing a strong gender analysis in all programmes, ensuring integration of women’s issues in all stages of programme including planning, implementation, monitoring and learning.
• Lead on training and capacity building of programme teams and partners on gender and women’s empowerment issues, effectively taking on the role of partner support within women in leadership projects.
• Provide support in the partner assessment process and work with them to prepare development plans, monitor development and engagement and evaluate partner effectiveness.
• Create a learning forums with partners and stakeholders within the programme and develop project reports against organisational and donor requirements and lead on documenting key programme models, progress and impact stories on women and gender issues.
• Create synergies between HIV/AIDS mainstreaming and Women Economic Leadership approaches.
• Monitor occurrence of droughts, floods and other disasters that affect rural people’s lives, and collaborate with other actors (government and NGOs) to serve lives and maintain good health and nutrition of people who have lost their livelihoods and assets.
• Possess experience and understanding of all aspects of project management, including project assessment, design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation, partner management and funding.
• Knowledge and experience in facilitating disaster risk reduction through women, communities and local government as well as experience in humanitarian programmes.
• Advocacy skills on gender equity issues at local, National and Regional level.
• Demonstrate experience on organizational networking, with experience on working in a learning environment, ability to identify clear lessons and important women’s issues, demonstrate the ability to drive programmes and change in challenging circumstances, with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
• To achieve this role, you need to have enthusiasm for the concept of women economic leadership, creative project ideas,drives to achieve results and strong partnership building skills.
• Mature understanding of the grassroots and national development policy issues impacting Tanzania generally on women.
• Ability to demonstrate excellent communication, representation skills, ability to work with virtual teams as well as demonstrate the ability to support and influence others.
• Knowledge of Swahili is highly desirable.
• Commitment to gender equity and sensitive to issues around HIV/AIDS.
How to Apply:
You are advised to use advert Reference number INT6413 and job title above. We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization.
Send Applications to email@example.com, the closing date for these posts is 2nd August 2013.