Job Title: Program Officer - Vitamin A Supplementation (VAS)
Employer: Helen Keller International
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Application Deadline: 31st July 2013
Helen Keller International is seeking to recruit a Program Officer
The VAS program officer will support the VAS coordinator by providing technical support for the project particularly in the area of monitoring and evaluation.
Reports directly to:VAS Coordinator who in turns report to Deputy Country Director-Programs Collaborates with: Tanzania Food & Nutrition Center (TFNC), Ministry of Health and Social Welfare (MoHSW), CIDA, UNICEF, VAS Coordinator and all other HKI staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with the VAS coordinator to ensure effective program implementation as per approved work plan and budget
• Assist in writing donor reports and developing work plans
• Help plan, budget and run zonal/regional meetings as well as district advocacy workshops in close collaboration with the VAS coordinator, HKI staff, UNICEF and government partners
• Spearhead assigned activities on specific activities including management of VAS databases specifically for training, coverage data and funding
• Work with the VAS coordinator to ensure effective implementation of VAS Ii assessments and surveys through assisting on logistics, data collection, analysis, report writing and dissemination of results
• Represent the VAS program in workshops and meetings- including advocacy for VAS wherever possible
• With the help of VAS Coordinator- spearhead development and roll out of a web-based system for reporting VAS coverage data
• Write monthly project progress reports
• Bachelor degree in the field of nutrition, public health or any other related field with at least 2 years experience.
• Knowledge and experience with vitamin A supplementation, an advantage.
• Experience drafting professional documents, communications, reports and proposals is essential Ability to work effectively with communities, government and NGO partners.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Kiswahili and English.
• Ability to organize, run and manage funds for large workshops.
• Willingness to travel for long periods of time outside of Dar es Salaam.
• General PC proficiency and strong skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and at least one statistical package.
• Experience on M-Health technology will be an added advantage.
• Able to work methodically, accurately and neatly.
• A team player, friendly, supportive, adaptable and flexible.
How to Apply:
Submit a cover letter and resume to
Helen Keller International- Tanzania
PO Box 34424,
Dar es Salaam
HKI regrets that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.