Employer: Africare Tanzania
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Application Deadline: 27th July 2013
Reporting to:Chief of Party
• Learn, develop, coordinate and maintain an effective social media presence for Africare's projects in Kiswahili and English, including through blogs, facebook, twitter and other means as appropriate;
• Write and produce high quality communication materials, including website content, and effectively communicate these across key audiences in Kiswahili and English;
• Ensure that all Africare websites are up to date, accurate, compelling and functional, liaise with website developer and tech support as needed to project COPs;
• Communicate clearly and in a timely fashion with external audiences, face-to-face, through email and telephone; conferences where appropriate, and other forms;
• Develop a database for all media contacts;
• Develop and maintain good links with the media; support press conferences and other engagements with the media;
• Prepare weekly, monthly reports for Africare programs.
• Review and edit quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports for donor submission.
• Disseminate project quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports to GoT officials and key stakeholders at national and sub-national levels;
• Document program meeting proceedings and key actions and ensure timely and dissemination between all Africare Units.
• Organize events as required, with support from COPs, including publication and launch events.
• Contribute to the preparation of quality and timely plans, budgets and reports;
• Support management in communication, advocacy and representation needs as required.
• Materials Development, Editorial Support, and Adaptation
• Edit materials (papers, briefs, power point presentations, etc) in Kiswahili and English and undertake full quality assurance to ensure that they conform to Africare standards and will promote the image and objectives of the organization;
• Organize and maintain filing systems, documents and materials related to the HBC project at the Regional Office.
• Maintain computer based filing systems and back up all program computer files on a regular (monthly) basis.
• Represent Africare in select policy related meetings and events with stakeholders, development partners and Government of Tanzania.
• Undertake any other lawful tasks as may be assigned.
Education, Skills and Experience
• At least two years experience in journalism and/or communications work;
• At least two years experience in international development and/or public health
• A university degree in a relevant field;
• Excellent writing and communication skills in Kiswahili and English; an eye for detail;
• Strong analytical and organizational skills;
• Computer proficiency including web-based applications:
• Flair for working with visual materials; a powerful creative eye; design skills are desirable;
• Keen understanding of traditional media, social media and uses of new technologies for communication in East African context;
• Ability to be on top of issues and deliver quality on time.
How to Apply:
Submit a resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Manager
P.O. Box 63187
Dar es Salaam