Job Title: Program Assistant
Employer: Embassy of the United States of America
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 7th Aug 2013
The President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) Tanzania Coordination Office in the U.S. Embassy is seeking an individual that can provide program support services related to President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief, in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
The PEPFAR Tanzania Program Assistant must:
• Must have or be able to gain quickly working knowledge of PEPFAR policy and overall objectives in Tanzania and a thorough understanding of the program and its overall design and structure.
• Be able to manage a tight timeline and handle a large volume of information.
• Be able to distill large volumes of sometimes complex information, into concise communications that can be understood by a layperson.
• Be able to have a demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment, be able to identify problems and be skilled at presenting issues and recommendations for supervisor’s consideration.
• Be able to work effectively with Tanzanian, US, and third country staff to ensure that accurate information is gathered.
• Be able to act with independence while receiving direction from multiple staff across USG agencies.
The PEPFAR Tanzania Program Assistant must also possess the following skills:
• Proficient computer skills, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Expertise in using the Microsoft Access database, including database maintenance and report production.
• Familiarity with navigating and using FACTS Info.
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Professional level writing skills
• Presentation/training skills
• Basic accounting and budget tracking skills
• Detail-oriented person; with the ability to work independently and organize tasks within severe time constraints
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• The candidate must be proficient in written and spoken English, andpossess all appropriate permits and licenses to perform work in Tanzania.
The US Mission in Tanzania provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application: 1) cover letter, including hourly/daily billing rate for services; 2) current resume or curriculum vitae, including three references (full names, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers); 3) certification/authorization to operate and do business in Tanzania; 4) any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position.
Failure to do so will result in an incomplete application.
Contract award will be subject to the laws and regulations of the United States of America and is being competed utilizing full and open competition procedures.
Submit Application To
PEPFAR Coordination Office
P.O. Box 9123
Dar es Salaam
ATTN: Program Assistant
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted