Employer: Surface and Marine Transport Regulatory Authority (SUMATRA)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 23rd August 2013
Following the expiry of the tenure of five (5) members of the Board, the Chairman of the SUMATRA Nomination Committee who is also the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Transport, invites Tanzanians with relevant qualifications as spelt out herein to apply for appointment to fill vacancies of five (5) Board members of SUMATRA. The tenure of the Board members is staggered and ranges between three to five (3-5) years.
• Be a graduate of a recognized University;
• Have at least ten (10) years experience in one or more of the fields of management, law, economics, finance or engineering;
• Have knowledge of the industry;
• Have satisfied the Nomination Committee that he/she is unlikely to have a conflict of interest as stipulated in section 11 of the SUMATRA Act;
• Is willing to serve as member of the SUMATRA Board; and
• Is, in the opinion of the Nomination Committee, otherwise suitable to perform the functions and duties of a member competently and honestly.
How to Apply:
Qualified and interested candidates are requested to apply describing how they consider that they qualify. All Applications should be attached with certified copies of relevant certificates, curriculum vitae (CV), one current passport size photograph, ; names and contact details of three work related referees including telephone numbers and e-mail address.
Application with title marked "Members of SUMATRA Board" on top of the envelop should be addressed to:
Chairman (the Permanent Secretary),
SUMATRA Nomination Committee, Ministry of Transport,
Tancot House, Pemba Street/Sokoine Drive,
P.O. Box 9144,
Dar es Salaam