Job Title: Managing Director
Employer: Consultant Strategic
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Application Deadline: 03rd August 2013
Accountable to: Board of Directors
Liaises with: Human Resources Manager, Group Account and Heads of the companies in the Group.
• To ensure the company operates profitably and in an ethical manner in order to fulfill the objectives of its shareholders, customers and staff.
• To develop core business strategies in order to facilitate new business developments, whilst providing operational and personnel support to ensure the functionality and sustainability of the
organisation as a whole.
o Development of Strategic Direction of the Group
o Effective People Management
o Operations Management
o Managing Relationships and Interfaces within the Group
o Maintaining Sound Corporate Governance within the organisation
o Ensuring Financial Discipline within the Group““Taking the lead in shaping the world of work””
• Developing strategic operating plans that reflect the longer-term objectives and priorities established by the board of Directors
• Maintaining an ongoing dialogue with the chairman of the board;
• Putting in place adequate operational planning and financial control systems;
• Ensuring that the operating objectives and standards of performance are not only understood but owned by the management and other employees;
• Closely monitoring the operating and financial results against plans and budgets;
• Taking remedial action where necessary and informing the board of significant changes;
• Maintaining the operational performance of the company;
• Implement operational strategies as per the Group’s Strategic Business Plans.
• Monitor and control the Group performance and finances in accordance with the budgets approved
by the Group Accountant and Board of Directors.
• With the advice from the Human Resources Manager, ensure that all staff are effectively employed
and adequately trained to perform their responsibilities and operational tasks in an ethical and
• To ensure that the products and services produced by the companies and sold to clients are of high quality in accordance with the company’s quality policies.
• To ensure that the Group meets all their legal requirements, including those relating to Occupational Health and Safety.
• Overall responsibility for raw material selection and timely purchasing and utilisation.
• Acquisition, maintenance and efficient utilisation of the Group’s physical assets.
• Plan and monitor progress of projects scheduled.
• Authorise all legal documents.
• Liase with clients and suppliers.
• Prepare and sign quotations.
• Monitor and control the Group’s Quality Management System.
• Establish pricing policies, estimate job costs and set contract prices with the help of the Group Accountant.
• Prepare job dockets and ensure that necessary information is provided to fulfill client requirements.
• Monitor and control stock levels.
• Plan and schedule work so that clients’ expected delivery times are met.
• Represent the Group at industry associations and outside committees.
• Any other duties as allocated by the Board of Directors.
A Bachelor’s degree in Management (Persons with MBA will be considered first)
Experience: At least 5 years experience at a similar level““Taking the lead in shaping the world of work””
• Broad knowledge of relevant industry
• Good knowledge of relevant policies and procedures
• In-depth business process knowledge
• Relevant investment management knowledge
• Good understanding of financial management principles
• Good understanding of project management principles
• Good understanding of economic infrastructure
• Good understanding of relevant legislation
• Good understanding of key principles of contract management
• In-depth understanding of core business principles
• Excellent decision-making skills
• Good communication skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• Good influencing skills
• Superior Leadership skills
• Advanced strategy development skills
• Excellent relationship building skills
• Advanced problem solving skills
• Solid Team Leadership skills
• Excellent delegation skills
• Inspires others
• Good delegator
• Good blend of people/task orientation
• Big picture outlook
• Forward thinking
• Able to maintain a multi-task focus
• Results driven
• Development focused
• Highly principled
• Strong ethics
• Committed • Dedicated
• Driving accountability
• Drive and energy
• Initiating action““Taking the lead in shaping the world of work””
• Building and maintaining stakeholder relationships
• Cross-cultural awareness
• Impact and influence
• Business understanding
• Facilitating and managing performance
• Attracting, developing and retaining talent
• Strategic focus
• Articulating and cascading the vision and values
How to Apply:
Send all applications MUST directly be HAND DELIVERED and addressed to;
The Human Resource Consultant Strategic ,
Human Resource Solutions.
P.O.Box 10912 Posta House,
Opposite Ministry of Home Affairs
4th Floor, Suite 406 Dar es Salaam