Job Title: Tax Accountant (One Post)
Employer: National Housing Corporation(NHC)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 10th Aug 2013
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide direct support to the Senior Management in relation to Tax matters.
• Ensure timeliness and accuracy of all required Tax submissions to the Government. Coordinate and control the annual Tax plans and estimates processes for the Corporation.
• Assist in preparation and calculation of Taxation risks and opportunities for management reviews and actions. Coordinate with other departments on budgeting taxes on Operating and capital Expenses.
• Control operating expenses, account payables and employee related claims by ensuring that the related taxes are accounted for properly
• Ensure that reports and Tax analysis are provided to the Management timely.
• Initiate the payments of Tax liabilities such as VAT, PAVE, withholding Tax etc and ensure the necessary approvals are obtained as per mandate.
• Review all Tax returns for accuracy, validity and completeness.
• Plan for Tax Audit and provide the required information and documentations for Audit reviews,
• Update Management on any new laws set by the government and make sure all the implications resulting from the changing laws are counted for.
• Regularly liaise with the Revenue Authority and Tax consultants for maintaining work relationship and update new information related to tax.
• Train the other staff members on tax issues and delegate to team members, where necessary as part of succession plans.
Qualifications and Experience:
• A holder of University Degree or Advance Diploma in Finance or Accounting and/or CPA
• Working experience of at least 4 years in Finance, Accounting or Taxation roles from a reputable organization.
• Good communication skills in both English and Kiswahili.
• Computer literate.
Very attractive REMUNERATION is offered to a successful candidate as per NHC scheme of service.
Confident candidates, who meet the above outline criteria, should apply in writing to the undersigned enclosing fully typed curriculum vitae indicating daytime telephone numbers, certified photocopies of certificates, testimonials from previous employer(s) names and address of two referees to reach the undersigned before 10th August 2013.
NHC is an equal opportunity employer, values inclusion and seeks to have a diverse workforce.
How to Apply:
National Housing Corporation (NHC) is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of Tax Accountant. If you enjoy a challenge and working as a part of multidisciplinary team in real estate development projects and management this is in the opportunity for you!
National Housing Corporation
P.O. BOX 2977
Dar es Salaam
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.