Employer: Watumishi Housing Company
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Application Deadline: 31st July 2013
Watumishi Housing Company Limited-WHCL is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified Tanzanian citizens to fill the above existing vacancies
Reporting to the Board of Directors.
He/She will be responsible for providing dynamic and visionary leadership that will ensure delivery of affordable housing to public servants and proper management of the Watumishi Housing Fund. The CEO will be responsible for the overall day to day operations of the Company.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
• Holder of a Masters Degree/Postgraduate qualifications in one of the following field; Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, Real Estate Investments, Engineering, Architectural or related disciplines from recognized Institutions;
• Minimum of 15 years work experience, 5 of which must be in managerial
• Knowledge and familiarity in Project Management;
• Leadership, motivation and people management skills;
Duties and Responsibilities
• Facilitate the preparation and review of budgets and ensure their effective control;
• Oversee effective and efficient implementation of the Company's short, medium and long term plans;
• Provide effective leadership towards achievement of the Company's
• Coordinate the formulation and implementation of policies and procedures with respect to activities of the Company;
• Ensure that the Company consistently presents credible and positive image to its stakeholders and the general public;
• Advise and inform the Board on progress made in implementing activities of the Company;
• Oversee designing, promotion and delivery of quality housing to the public servants;
• Manage utilization of the Company's resources within approved budget, guidelines, policies, laws and regulations;
• Report to Shareholders on the performance of the Scheme
• Establish, implement and enforce a robust Company-wide risk management framework and systems; and
• Carry out other related duties as assigned by the Board.
• Functional and Technical Competencies
• Proven leadership and business management skills;
• Strong financial management skills;
• Ability to carry out cost benefit analysis of the scheme and report to shareholders;
• Able to formulate and supervise implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Strategic Plans; and Knowledge of the complexities of- socioeconomic development, risk analysis and forecasting.
• Customer oriented team player with strong interpersonal skills; vi) Must be computer literate; and
• Must have a driving license.
How to Apply:
Submit a cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position; Certified copies of Academic and professional certificates; Detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) showing; names, addresses &contact telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and names & contact information of two (2) referees to
Secretary to the Board,
Watumishi Housing Company,
P.O BOX 7539,
Dar es Salaam.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.