Employer: Iris Executive Development Centre
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 9th Aug 2013
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To provide professional strategic Human Resources service in accordance to overall Bank strategy, in the following areas
• Recruitment, Selection and Staffing
• Training and Development
• Staff welfare
• Industrial Relations
• Reviewing Bank establishment structure
• Manage Exit interviews
• Human Resource audit
• Development of Career Path for the Bank
• Staff Medical Benefits
• Staff Pay- roll
• Human Resources Information System – HRIS
• A relevant University Degree, in Human Resources/Public Administration
• A Masters Degree is an added advantage.
• Working Experience:
• A minimum of 4 years experience in a management position with a reputable organisation
• Computer literacy, especially in spreadsheets and internet skills
• Ability to handle numerous diverse projects to tight timescale in a rapidly changing environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and good inter-personal skills.
• Be a team player and capable of participating in the formulation of policies and the day-to-day management of the bank.
Key Areas of Operation:
• Defining and developing the HR policies, practices and procedures that support the banks business strategy in line with banks HR standards and policies.
• Providing expert and up to date knowledge on current developments and best practices in the HR field that will enable the company to continuously upgrade its HR practices.
• Leading and developing the members of the HR team to collectively provide excellent service to the Bank.
• Managing the Industrial relations interface to provide a constructive and conducive working environment
• Making recommendations to the Management on the development of employee terms and conditions of service.
• Contributing to the overall management and development of the bank as a member of the banks senior management team
• To review and recommend changes in the organisation structure
• Developing and implementing an acceptable succession plan
• Training and Development of Staff
• Responsible for carrying out compensation a benefit surveys to ensure the Bank remain competitive in the market.
• Networking with other HR managers within the Industry on the sharing and implementation of best HR practices.
• Continuously challenging and playing a key role in driving the objectives to achieve targets and Customer satisfaction
• Responsible for potential risks complying with the risk manual and any other available working manuals.
• Manage individual actions that may pose danger to the business in general.
• Preparation of and review of Policy Documents and Procedure Manuals from time to time
• Responsible for HR planning and development
• Responsible for HR policy formulation e.g remuneration, disciplinary, etc
• Administration of local hiring, compensation, benefits, health and safety programs.
• Co-ordination of personnel documentation, staff contracts and records
• Co-ordinate Training and development function to meet identified needs in all departments.
• Guide management in labour law matters
• Responsible for performance management
• Participate in local negotiations
• Responsible for employees labour relations
• Management of employment cost
• Participate in the recruitment of staff to ensure that staffs are appointed to areas that match their skills.
• Ensure a full training program is in place for all Bank Staff
• Ensure that the scope of business competition, significant legislative and regulatory issues impacting the banks HR interests are recognized and addressed appropriately.
• Ensure employees’ actions are in compliance policies standards and procedures.
• Participate in the exit interviews
• Carry out HR audit
• Providing leadership to subordinates, mentoring and grooming them for higher positions in the Bank
• Continuously appraising subordinates on their performance and actual carrying out of Performance Appraisal exercise when due.
• Ensuring that staff statutory deductions are done correctly and promptly remitted.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Superior
• Provide periodic assessment on the adequacy and effectiveness of the Human Resources and managing its expectations.
• Keep the Management informed of the emerging trends in HR and its evolving welfare matters.
• Ensure Banks Human Resources are acquired economically, used efficiently, and are adequately protected/retained.
• Key performance indicators
• HR Strategies meet organisational objectives
• Appropriate policies developed and reviewed to match business needs
• Transparent recruitment procedures and enforced across the Bank.
• Consistent compensation administration developed and implemented
• Training and development function enhanced
• Good labour relations
• Mentoring system implemented
• A well managed HR Budget.
How to Apply:
Send in your CV to; email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org