Employer: DCB Commercial Bank PLC
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 31st July 2013
DCB Commercial Bank PLC wishes to recruit the qualified personnel to fill the vacant positions of Branch Managers
Duties and Responsibilities
• The branch being the most important unit of the bank in delivering services to customers, the Branch Manager is responsible for maintaining the highest standard of quality customer care to enhance revenue generation. This shall strictly be done in accordance with the bank's policies and procedures and Bank of Tanzania Prudential Guidelines.
• He shall ensure that the branch books are properly maintained.
• Ensuring that all types of accounts, be current accounts, servings accounts or deposit accounts, are opened strictly in accordance to the law of banking and the country's laws and regulations in force from time to time.
• Ensuring that cheques and vouchers are properly drawn according to the customer's mandates held by the bank.
• On daily basis, shall scrutinize cheques unpaid register, accounts opened register and take the necessary corrective steps whenever mistake are detected. Ensuring the loan applications received are registered and immediately forwarded to Credit Manager for analysis and thereafter submitted to the relevant authority for approval.
• Ensuring that loan disbursements are carried out as per stipulations in the limit sheet.
• Ensuring that returns on branch operations are prepared and forwarded to Head office within the set deadlines.
• Ensuring that rules laid down regarding both cash and keys handling are adhered to.
• Ensuring that checking of bulk cash and snap checks are carried out and also that all boxes containing cash are safely kept in the strong room.
• Ensuring that Treasury cash is checked and balanced against the General ledger at least once every fortnight.
• Ensuring that customers' correspondence/letters are answered expeditiously, at least within three days of their receipt.
• To ensure that risks within the Branch are minimized and systems are in place to monitor and eliminate risks across all areas of Branch. operations.
• Creating an effective branch sales strategy, manage and direct all branch's business with the objective of achieving annual targets.
• Ensure that the branch implements and monitor compliance regarding money laundering prevention within procedures and controls that meet the bank's policy and BOT regulations.
• Ensuring that all branch operating units/departments are appropriately staffed according to the established workload.
• Preparing the Branch Annual Plan and Budget for submission to Head Office. Ensuring effective utilization of all bank assets under his control.
• Ensuring the promotion of the bank's image through proper corporate governance.
• Promoting harmonious working relationship between staff of all levels in the Branch.
• Ensuring rotation and training of staff.
• Performing any other duties that he/she may be called upon to do by his/her
• Core Competencies
• Writing and reporting Analyzing
• Planning and organizing
• Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations Following instructions and Procedures
• Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
Qualifications and Skills
• Holder of Bachelor Degree in Economics, Business Administration or related
• A Masters Degree will be an added advantage.
• 10 years experience covering core banking departments in the Branches.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Application, specifically Excel and Word.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work under pressure with strict deadlines and limited supervision.
How to Apply:
Send application indicating contact addresses including telephone numbers to:
The Managing Director
DCB Commercial Bank Plc
P.O Box 19798
Dar Es Salaam
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.