Job Title: Health Safety and Environment Manager
Employer: MIC Tanzania Limited ( TiGO )
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 10th August 2013
Job ID #: 632
You are responsible to ensure wellbeing, safety and security of all colleagues and those affected by Millicom’s acts or omissions through the implementation of international and national legislation, standards, policies and procedures on Health and Safety. You will be required to plann, implement, monitor and review the protective and preventative measures that Millicom chooses in the area of Health & Safety, and work to minimise operational losses, occupational health problems, accidents and injuries.
• Manage and implement the local HSE Plan throughout Tanzania;
• Provide training and supervision of H&S Representatives to see that the approved HSE management objectives are met and that adequate practical coverage is achieved.
• Prepare local HSE management reports, discuss the reports with appropriate management and evaluate responses and schedule follow-up projects to be performed;
• Accumulate data, maintain records and prepare reports on the administration of HSE projects and other assigned activities.
• Data collection for the annual reporting to Global HQ
• Engage and supervise the service providers and service level agreements that have a direct impact on HSE;
• Manage budget within its delegated authority
• Assess H & S risks and opportunities associated with the operations of the company, report on findings and recommend changes where appropriate;
• Periodically provide information on the status and results of the annual HSE plan and the sufficiency of department resources;
• Ensure the appointment of the HSE representatives, First-aiders, evacuation wardens and establishing / maintenance of HSE Committees as per legislation
• International recognized HS&E qualifications OSA, NEBOSH etc
• 10+ years’ experience in a Health and Safety environment/position Telecommunications safety experience At least : 5+ years at a Supervisory / Management experience
• Ability to travel extensively
• Language skills English, Swahili desirable
• Excellent communication and presentation skills written and oral
• Experience in training / facilitating specific hazards relating to telecoms engineering (RF Radiation, Working at Height, Laser safety etc.)
How to Apply