Job Title: Head of Information Systems (One Post)
Employer: Precision Air Services PLC
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 30th Aug 2013
Precision Air Services Plc is a fast growing private Tanzanian airline which operates in Partnership with Kenya Airways, with its strategies to expand wings beyond East Africa and Africa.
Role Purpose Statement:
• This role leads the utilisation of Information & Communication Technology (ICT) in the airline. This covers all the technology, systems, people and processes involved. It advises the senior management and board on opportunities for harnessing the benefits of applying ICT in the airline, while ensuring the operations of running the existing ICT is effective and efficient. It ensures that the airline keeps abreast of ICT developments in the airline industry and applies them as required. This must be done in all areas of the airline’s network, and in collaboration with it’s’ partners and service providers in the airline industry
• To provide leadership in the airline’s ICT function and initiatives and to ensure the airline utilises ICT to be more efficient and competitive.
• To work with all the key business functions and senior management to create an effective ICT Strategy that clearly supports the Business Strategy. Lead, co-ordinate and ensure the successful implementation of the strategy.
• Create an effective partnership with all business areas, and get their buy-in and involvement in ICT systems implementation, security, controls, and any other necessary functional aspects.
• Lead, develop and motivate the ICT Staff to ensure they perform to, and/or exceed expected standards.
• Put in place an effective ICT organization and resource it appropriately, to provide fully effective operations, infrastructure, implementation projects, security and continuity as will be required by the airline throughout its network.
• Put in place the appropriate and relevant ICT solutions, ensuring positive value-for-money in all areas.
• Effectively manage the ICT function financial budget, both capital and operating.
• Ensure that standards are applied in all the technology solutions and services, and appropriately benchmark to airline industry and other best-practice standards.
• Create effective partnerships with vendors and solution providers to implement or operate the airline’s ICT solutions, and effectively utilise and manage them to enhance the effect of ICT on the airline.
• Performance Indicators
• Number of projects undertaken and implemented that meet business objectives and are within time and budgets
• Degree of internal customer satisfaction with implementation of new business systems and solutions
• Number of processes identified and re-engineered versus business benefit attained
• Meeting quality assurance and systems performance measures i.e. 99% availability of systems
• Achievement of the Information Systems Cost centre budgets
• Information system staff satisfaction and retention
• Team Leadership and Effective Relationship Management and Influencing skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to detail, Critical Thinking, Tenacity, Flexibility
• Able to work under stress
• Proven track record in successful Change Management
• Bias for results/action.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
• Masters Degree in Information Technology. Bachelors Degree in Technology or Business Management field would be an advantage.
• Professional qualifications in systems administration, implementation, and development will be an advantage.
• At least 5 years working experience in ICT management. Similar time being part of a business management team will be an advantage.
• At least 5 years working experience of Telecoms, Networks, Systems Infrastructure, Implementation Methodologies, Security, Continuity and ICT governance.
• Proven track record of formulating and executing ICT strategies.
• Project Management skills.
• Airline ICT Management experience will be an advantage.
• Good knowledge of airline communications technology, IATA system processes and standards will be an advantage
How to Apply:
Send your application and CV to the address below.
Director of Human Resources and Administration
Precision Air Services Plc
Mail Box 70770
Dar es Salaam
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.