Job Title: Harvesting Manager
Employer: Sao Hill Industries Limited
Duty Station: Iringa, Mafinga
Application Deadline:21st August 2013
Sao Hill Industries is seeking to recruit a Harvesting Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design and co-ordinate the tactical harvesting plan
• Review the existing harvesting methods, establish to harvesting costs and suggest any improvements in the harvesting and logistics
• Develop annual budget
• Manage all operations to ensure that production requirements are met weekly.
• Ensure that safety standards and requirements are met, accidents properly reported, and necessary training undertaken
• Monitor and reconcile the monthly production volume with production plan
• Plan and control infield operations to ensure daily productivities is achieved
• Ensure that good housekeeping standards are maintained and that proper systematic clean-up operations take place
• Manage and train harvesting teams, on operations, Control and data handling.
• Develop best practices and play active role on cost controlling
• Monitoring products quality standards and implementing quality control
• Maintenance of equipment in co-operation with the technical team at SHI
• Identifying training needs and implement an extensive training program in order to increase quality and reduce cost of operations.
• Reviewing the performance of subordinates. Implementing the Company policies and goals.
Qualification and Experience:
• Work experience with manual and mechanised harvesting systems
• Work experience with cable lines
• Ability to work independently and remotely
• Readiness to spend at least 75% of time in field
• Understand equipment capabilities
• Negotiation and interpersonal skills
• Education in the field of forestry is advantage,
• Good English and computer skills,
• Readiness to travel, learn and develop
Work experience in a similar position is an advantage. The selected candidate should be ready to work in an entrepreneurial environment, continued on-the-job learning and working with a team of people from different educational backgrounds. SHI is an equal opportunity employer
How to Apply:
Send your application to the following address;
Sao Hill Industries Limited
P. O. Box 4730,
Dar es Salaam.