Job Title: General Support Officer (Two Posts)
Employer: SNV Netherlands Development Organisation
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline:12th Aug 2013
SNV Tanzania is looking for a: General Support Officer
Reporting to the Finance Officer Based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania (Local contract)
SNv Netherlands Development Organization is working in over 33 developing countries across the world in Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe. The emphasis of our work is on poverty reduction and promotion of good governance through
(1) increasing production, income and employment and (2) increasing access to basic services in the sectors of water, sanitation & hygiene, agriculture and renewable energy. SNV has worked in Tanzania since 1971 and currently has offices in Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Arusha whilst maintaining its physical presence across the Country through its various projects and activities in collaboration with national organizations as local capacity builders.
These positions are based in Dar es Salaam.
The General Support Officer executes daily financial, personnel administrative, logistical and secretarial support, based on the relevant administrative, financial and HR guidelines and directions and in consultation with the Finance Officer, in order to enable the organisation to deliver on its primary responsibilities.
One of the positions is oriented towards financial tasks, with primary reporting to the country Finance Officer.
The other position is part of a project funded by the Master Card Foundation on supporting youth employment, and has a stronger logistical component, with reporting to the Project Manager.
- General Support Officer, Finance administration support Record financial transactions in ledger system
- Prepare and check monthly, quarterly and annual financial accounts
- Forecasts and project depletion for submission to the Finance Officer
- Follow up on receipts and payments
- Reconcile bank balances and manage liquidity levels, based on guidelines of the Finance Officer and Financial procedures Take care of petty cash and supplier payment
- Correction account for SNV Accounts and accruals for all prepayments costs
- Booking for all SNV bank accounts
- Prepare salaries (Tax and PPF), security allowance for EUN,
- School claims reconciliation and calculations for the booking Prepare payments for Local Capacity Builders (LCB's) engaged both at Sector's and National level
- Transfer of funds to all offices
- Logistics Service
- Prepare work advice for advisors allocated at the Country office Facilitate all the payments for the workshop or meetings in Dar es Salaam
- Ensure that goods and services are procured as per requirement and are distributed throughout the country
- Supervise and facilitate utilization of materials within the project, effectively liaising with clients and suppliers
- Process mutation forms, ensure time writing database is updated and record relevant data in databases as requested
The General Support Officer shall possess the following qualifications:
- Degree in accounting, financial Management or related fields, (MBA preferably)
- Added advance Professional accounting qualifications (such as CPA,CIMA, ACCA)
Work Experience and Knowledge:
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in a similar position
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Computer literate, proficient with MS Word, Excel and financial applications
- 3 relevant traceable references must be provided with the application
- Interest and experience in working in an organization with a development mission
- Proven commitment to poverty alleviation
Qualifications and/or experience in information systems and especially SAP is a preference
Proactive personality and of high integrity
Good communicator who is a critical thinker and has a strong personality
A professional orientation to work Strong analytical and strategic skills
Ability to work systematically under pressure
Contract Duration:2 years renewable
Desired start date: ASAP
How to Apply:
Please send your application letter and CV to TanzaniaHR@snvworld.org by 12 August, 2013
For more information, please refer to our website: www.snvworld.org
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.