Job Title: Distribution Manager
Employer: Shugulika Recruitment
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 17th Aug 2013
Department: Yard and Stores
Reports to: Yard and Stores Manager: Head of Operations
Supervises: CR-Cum drivers / Truck assistants / 3rd Party suppliers / Hired Transporters.
Company Conformity Standards:
• Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision, interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers, work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments, work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees.
• This position oversees all functions of the Distribution Center / Stockist operation and provides leadership and direction to the DC staff to ensure all business objectives are achieved. The incumbent will be responsible for all planning and allocation of resources and materials for maximum utilization of facilities and personnel to ensure the flow of finished goods from the supplier to the customer. The Incumbent must demonstrate the ability to identify and remove obstacles, look for opportunities for improvement, possess strong attention to detail in order to drive positive business results and work with the highest levels of integrity.
All these responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Manage daily volume as per resource availability over a 6 day period. Plan of order size, block wise day deliveries, frequency of deliveries, customer cash planning and peak period volume spikes.
• Order generation and allocation of orders to trucks fit for territory – Receive orders from area sales managers / call center agents or 3rd party.
• Daily checking of stock sheets before executing the orders.
• Clearing of all orders of any outstanding for loading.
• Allocate truck and staff by block in meeting productivity and customer service standards.
• Liaising with all departments such as fleet / yard and stores and sales to ensure the availability of products, trucks and to execute the orders on time meeting departure times as set by BEVERAGE COMPANY.
• Planning of all orders to Up country destinations such as Lindi / Morogoro / Dodoma / Tanga with 3rd party distributors and other destinations such as Iringa / Mbeya / Arusha and Mwanza with the Supply chain manager.
• Daily Plastic Stock allocation and split between destinations as per the percentage share of production allocated.
• Order coordination and Special events trucks to be allocated from time to time.
• Lead staff to focus on customer service and warehouse efficiency while maintaining inventory accuracy and minimizing transportation costs and product damage.
• Hand load plan to Yard and store manager before 15h00pm for loading of trucks.
• Motivate, organize and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure all objectives are met.
• Identify cost savings opportunities.
• Sets goals, establish priorities, manage resources, and review project progress and results.
• Apply continuous improvement tools to identify and eliminate the root causes of issues that may arise within the Warehouse and distribution.
• Participate in teams, committees, events and training that improve the organization.
• Create and maintain departmental reports as required.
• Enforcing operational and personnel policies and procedures.
• Safeguard distribution operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
• Achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
• Maintain distribution staff by correctly coaching and counseling.
• Regular trade visits to improve productivity, turnaround times, meeting time windows and route sequence adherence.
• Manage departure times and “car track” reports to meet standards. Recruit, interview, select, train, motivate, coach and mentor delivery personnel.
• Complete training on hand held units for drivers to assure of proper use and correct completion of customer invoices.
• Monitor Drivers Logs and Car Track on a daily basis to assure that drivers are in compliance and meeting regulations.
• Organize and manage day-to-day operation of distribution personnel to ensure timely customer service.
• Maintain BEVERAGE COMPANY vehicle files for each piece of equipment and maintain equipment according to BEVERAGE COMPANY regulations and company procedures.
• Quarterly ride with all delivery drivers to coach, monitor and motivate the employee to reach their full potential.
• Prepare, approve and process payroll for staff
• Responsible for Budget and financial reporting
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• Timely delivery of orders as requested
• Timely Support to users, measured in terms of minimum Complains.
• Effective Management of Performance Management for Drivers, truck assistants and hired transporters
• Management of Budget
• Maintain maximum delivery of supplies to customers
Experience / Education:
• Bachelor or Masters Degree w/6-10+ years’ experience in the beverage or FMCG sector. Must be registered with NBMM in category of approved supplies Officer and hold CSP.
• Adaptable to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy within a diverse organization.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English / Swahili with a history of influencing multiple levels of the organization.
• Ability to make logical and accurate decisions using the best available information.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and anticipate needs.
• Detail-oriented and well organized.
• Excellent skills in word processing, spreadsheet use and development, and integrated data base systems.
• Proven ability to succeed in the day to day management of sustaining as well as strategic priorities.
• Technical knowledge / understanding of the FMCG and or beverage product industry or ability to learn expeditiously are a plus.
• Passionate about eliminating problems before they occur or after only one occurrence.
• Strong leadership skills including the capability to drive improvement and challenge the status quo.
How to Apply:
Send CV's to;email@example.com