Employer: Surface and Marine Transport Regulatory Authority (SUMATRA)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 23rd August 2013
The Chairperson of SUMATRA Nomination Committee established under section 8 of the Surface and Marine i Transport Regulatory Authority Act No.9 of 2001 invites Tanzanians with relevant qualifications as spelt out herein to apply for appointment to fill the vacancy of the : Director General of SUMATRA.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Director General shall be responsible for the day to day operations of the Authority, subject to the directions of the Board, He/ She will be responsible for the following:
• To lead the top management team in formulating the overall business plans and advise the Board of Directors on strategic corporate plans, objectives and policy guidelines;
• To ensure effective implementation of the Surface and Marine Transport Regulatory Authority Act, 2001 as amended from time to time;
• To ensure reporting on performance and other statutory requirements to the Board of Directors and other relevant stakeholders. In this regard, he/she shall be responsible for ensuring accurate and efficient financial and personnel management, accounting and auditing systems of the authority
• To provide linkage between, the Authority, the Board, the Government and the
• General public on the affairs of the Authority;
• To maintain the integrity, transparency and accountability of the Authority; and
• To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the, Minister in accordance with SUMATRA Act, 2001.
• Be a post graduate degree holder from a recognized university;
• Possess at least ten years experience in one or more of the fields of management, law, economics, finance or engineering;
• Have knowledge of the industry;
• Satisfy the Nomination Committee that he/she is unlikely to have a conflict of interests under SUMATRA Act, 2001;
• Be willing to serve as Director General;
• Be well suited to perform the functions and duties of the Director General competently and honestly.
The Director General of SUMATRA will receive a competitive remunerations package as may be determined by the Board of the Authority from time to time.
How to Apply
All applications, including detailed curriculum vitae with one passport size photograph, photocopies of Certificates, names and addresses of three work related referees with title marked "Director General-SUMATRA" on top of the envelop should be addressed to:
Permanent Secretary (Chairperson),
SUMATRA Nomination Committee,
Ministry of Transport,
Tancot House, Pamba Street/Sokoine Drive,
P.O. Box 9144,
Dar es Salaam