Employer: Law School of Tanzania
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Application Deadline: 25th July 2013
Duties and Responsibilities
• Be responsible to the Rector/Principal in respect of such matters of training administration
• Evaluate current progress of academics in the School and recommending future programmes;
• Recommend appropriate budgets for the Directorate of Practical Legal Training;
• Oversee research and consultancy activities at the School;
• Coordinate the development and establishment of training programmes and management of training resources;
• Oversee admission and examination regulations; and
• Perform any other duties which the Rector/Principal may assign.
Qualifications and Experience
• Doctorate Degree in Law who is eligible for registration as a technical teacher with a working experience in teaching, research and consultancy of at least three years in lectureship position or equivalent in a related or allied institution and has published at least three peer reviewed papers;
• Doctorate Degree in Law who is eligible for registration as a technical teacher and has proven applicable working experience in research and consultancy of at least 10 years in the industry and have published at least five consultancy/research reports of the academic and professional appreciable depth in the relevant field; Or
• Master’s Degree in Law, who is eligible for registration as technical teacher and has a proven applicable working experience in research and consultancy of at least 20 years in the industry and have published at least ten consultancy/reports of the Academic and Professional appreciable depth in the relevant field;
• Be a person with outstanding academic and administrative experience and capability in the area of technical education and training.
Duration and Timing
The Deputy Principal Practical Legal Training shall hold office for a term of four years and may be re-appointed consecutively for one more term of four years.
Attractive remuneration package in accordance with the Institution’s salary
PHTS 16 + 15%
How to Apply:
Send Applications to:
Public Service Recruitment
P. O. Box 63100 S. L. P 63100,
DAR ES SALAAM.