Job Title: Deputy Chief Operations Officer
Employer: Iris Executive Development Centre
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 9th Aug 2013
Our client, a Micro Finance Institution currently operates 25 branches country wide: Dar es Salaam and the coastal region, Morogoro, Dodoma, Ifakara, Iringa, Mbeya, Njombe, Mwanza, Mara, Shinyanga, Tabora, and Bukoba; covers about 40% of the country overall, including 65% in population centers, which has become the first microfinance institution in the country to transform from a non-regulated organization to an entity regulated by the Bank of Tanzania, is currently looking for Deputy Chief Operations Officer, the incumbent will be based in Dar es Salaam.
The Deputy COO will report directly to the COO and will be responsible for the following areas in their assigned geographic region:
• Ensure a dynamic, evolving, and proactive development strategy for the Business Growth Plan and the annual Operating Plan/Budget process; including an effective strategy for maintaining current levels of LO while decreasing interest rates to clients.
• Focus on strengthening the current core products to ensure they are market oriented and profitable.
• Ensure that quality customer service is the foundation of client relationships.
• Ensure that all policies, procedures, systems and staffing requirements implemented have an optimum level of quality, functionality, accuracy and efficiency with minimum disruption to the normal business operations
• Oversee the delivery of financial services in the assigned branches to ensure progress toward the goals and objectives of the strategic and operational plans.
• Develop monthly targets and outreach plans for each assigned branch for review/ approval by the COO. Assist Finance with cash flow and liquidity planning through on time submission of disbursement projections and operational expense requirements by branch.
• Ensure quality financial services delivery through regular visits to assigned branches, including monitoring and evaluation of marketing/sales efforts, business analysis and client screening, savings mobilization, loan disbursements, payment collection, and other aspects.
• Provide leadership and mentor assigned Regional Managers and Branch Managers on ways to improve all aspects of financial services delivery
• Ensure ongoing marketing of financial services in the assigned branches operating areas through a range of channels, in keeping with the marketing plan. Recommend new/improved marketing mechanisms as appropriate.
• Together with the Savings Manager, Regional Managers and Area Savings Managers develop integrated strategy for savings mobilization
• Attract the right people in support of growth and outreach plans; identify and develop high potential branch management candidates to create an operational talent bench.
• Bachelor degree in Economics, Business Administration, or Social sciences Masters degree is an added advantage
• Five years experience in Financial Services of which three years in Managerial position.
• Have management, computer, repost writing and marketing skills.
How to Apply:
Send in your cv to; firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com