Job Title: Core Project Manager
Employer: MIC Tanzania Limited ( TiGO )
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 10th August 2013
Job ID #: 799
You are responsible to manage and execute Core Network Implementation projects (including but not limited to capacity expansions, new node deployments, swaps and migrations, topological changes, feature trials) from development through initiation to closure, and you are accountable for the project results.
• Work with PMO and stakeholders to define the project charter encompassing scope, project targets, budget, resource planning, risk analysis and implementation schedules. Supervise and monitor project execution in accordance with such framework.
• Proactively address all risks and challenges throughout the project lifecycle. Apply mitigation measures in order to ensure minimal impact on overall project delivery.
• Track project execution against pre- defined milestones and baseline planning. Regularly report the implementation progress, project status, challenges and risks to project stakeholders.
• Lead and manage a team of project resources. Identify and communicate staffing/ consultancy requirements duly.
• Ensure network changes are being implemented pursuant to authorized procedures and in strict accordance with service quality assurance policies.
• Effectively manage potential scope changes by documenting all variations with their respective justifications and approvals.
• Develop and implement tools, tracking methods and best practices for project execution
• University degree in the field of Electrical Engineering, majoring in Telecommunication or IT.
• 5 years’ work experience in project and implementation management for medium to large scale telecommunication or IT undertakings.
• In- depth knowledge of communication technology, GSM/ 3GPP core network standards as well as project management processes, tools and techniques.
• Project management certification (PMI, PMP) will be considered an asset
How to Apply: