Employer: Consultant Strategic
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Application Deadline: 03rd August 2013
To provide an efficient and responsive administrative, organisational, and logistical service to the Chief Executive Officer, helping him to manage and prioritise his time.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES/KEY DUTIES
• Manage and maintain the CEO’s diary and email account.
• Filter emails, highlight urgent correspondence and print attachments.
• Ensure busy diary commitments, papers, and travel arrangements are managed effectively
including producing a daily folder with diary, necessary papers, etc. and troubleshooting problems.
• Conduct weekly diary meetings with the CEO to discuss upcoming engagements, invitations and
• Schedule on behalf of the CEO meetings between him and his direct reports and the committees and groups to which he is a member.
• Coordinate travel and accommodation requirements in connection with others and ensure
arrangements in place for the CEO match his requirements.
• Filter general information, queries, phone calls and invitations to the CEO by redirecting or taking
forward such contact as appropriate.
• Manage the process of calling for briefing on behalf of the CEO from start to finish ensuring that he
is fully prepared for all engagements.
• Keep and maintain an accurate record of papers and electronic correspondence on behalf of the CEO.
• Prepare correspondence on behalf of the CEO, including the drafting of general replies.““Taking the lead in shaping the world of work””
• Take Minutes of meetings as required and complete research on behalf of the CEO.
• Keep and retrieve files.
• Ensure guests meeting with the CEO are well taken care of.
• Carry out specific projects and research.
• Responsibility for accounts and budgets;
• Collect and open all mail addressed to the CEO
• Tabulate and retrieve CEO’s official expenditures and claims
• Arrange local transportation when necessary
• Provide a service that is in line with the CEO’s work habits and preferences.
• Undertake any other duties as requested by the CEO
PERSON SPECIFICATION -- Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge & Skills
• Ideally educated to degree level (Business courses required)
• A minimum of four years PA/secretarial experience at a senior level
• Good computer literacy.
• Demonstrable experience in an administration/executive assistant/PA role in a highly pressurised
environment requiring tact, judgment and discretion in handling internal and external contacts
• Experience of diary management/researching and booking of travel and accommodation
• Experience of successfully working with senior management (essential).
• Must be proficient with the keyboard and IT applications (this will be tested in the process).
• Expert level in the use of Outlook.
• Expert in the use of Microsoft office programs.
Skills (all essential):
• Excellent organisational skills, ability to multi-task and organise others.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to professionally represent the CEO’s office.
• Ability to work under pressure and be flexible as part of a small team.
• Attention to detail and deadlines.
• Ability to filter information and assess priorities.
• Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships at all levels, including during difficult or challenging circumstances.
• Ability to prioritise and manage own workload amid conflicting demands and busy work periods.
• Ability to think ahead and anticipate needs before they arise.
• Ability to exercise discretion in dealing with confidential or sensitive matters.““Taking the lead in shaping the world of work””
• Confident and able to work on own initiative and with limited supervision.
• Experience of dealing with different time zones
• Professional telephone manner
• Work in a multicultural environment
• Bright and smart personality
• Well presented and Highly personable
• Flexible and mature approach with ability to work unsupervised
• Willing to travel internationally
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS
• The PA will fulfill a specific job but be expected to develop a good understanding of the roles within
private office and around the CEO, and be able to confidently and competently cover for team
members when they are absent.
• When the CEO is absent, the PA will be expected to use any down-time to explore and implement
improvements to the way the CEO’s office is managed.
• The PA should expect that, they will be required to work flexibly with the CEO and on occasion a
longer than normal day. In addition the PA may be contacted by the CEO out of normal office hours
to deal with unexpected events.
Send all applications MUST directly be HAND DELIVERED and addressed to;
The Human Resource Consultant Strategic
Human Resource Solutions
P.O.Box 10912 Posta House,
Opposite Ministry of Home Affairs
4th Floor, Suite 406
Dar es Salaam