Employer: Surface and Marine Transport Regulatory Authority (SUMATRA)
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam
Application Deadline: 23rd August 2013
Following the expiry of the tenure of the Chairman of the Board, the Chairman of the SUMATRA Nomination Committee who is also the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Transport, invites Tanzanians with relevant qualifications as spelt out herein to apply for appointment to fill a vacancy of the Chairman of the SUMATRA Board. The tenure of the Chairman is five (5) years.
• As per the First Schedule of the SUMATRA Act, a person seeking appointment of Chairman of the SUMATRA Board should have the following minimum qualifications;
• Be a graduate of a recognized University;
• Have at least ten (10) years experience in one or more of the fields of management, law, economics, finance or engineering;
• Have knowledge of the industry;
• Have satisfied the Nomination Committee that he/she is unlikely to have a conflict of interest as stipulated in section 11 of the SUMATRA Act;
• Is willing to serve as member of the SUMATRA Board; and
• Is in the opinion of the Nomination Committee, otherwise suitable to perform the functions and duties of a Chairman competently and honestly.
Qualified and interested candidates are requested to apply describing how they consider that they qualify. All Applications should be attached with certified copies of relevant certificates, curriculum vitae (CV), one current passport size photograph, names and contact details of three work related referees including telephone numbers and e-mail address with title marked "Chairman of SUMATRA Board" on top of the envelop. The application should be received not later than 23rd August,-2013 at 1500 hours.
Application with title marked "Chairman of SUMATRA Board" on top of the envelop should be addressed to:
Chairman (the Permanent Secretary), SUMATRA Nomination Committee, Ministry of Transport,
Tancot House, Pemba Street/Sokoine Drive,
P.O. Box 9144,
Dar es Salaam.