Saturday, 18 May 2013
Agricultural Specialist Job Vacancy at World Vision in Tanzania
Job Title: Agricultural Specialist-Babati STF
Ref No WVT/P&C/F13/31
Reports to: Chief of Party
Location: Northern Zone.
Purpose of the Position
To provide agricultural technical assistance to the Babati STF project in World Vision Tanzania. Work with ADP field staff and Agricultural Development Facilitators to achieve the results of the agricultural component of the project and ensure integration with the ADP agricultural activities.
Communicate World Vision's Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others
1. Assist ADP Managers and Project Director in the selection of appropriate target populations to be the recipients of agricultural technical support.
2. Work closely with the Government of Tanzania, Department of Agriculture personnel and Project Management in the design of appropriate strategies for target population in accordance with the project plans
3. Visit target communities on a regular basis to learn with farmers on farming practices and experiences and continuously incorporate into the project planning such lessons.
4. Train field staff and farmers on sustainable agricultural practices relevant to the increased productivity of the selected value chains for the target communities. This includes designing appropriate training materials for use by farmers and other related groups
5. Provide follow-up support through agricultural clinics for recipients of technical support
6. Assist in the production of regular and timely progress reports regarding relevant project activities.
7. Participate in planning sessions and in the development of long-term agricultural program strategies for the entire WVT office
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training.
· Minimum qualifications: Must have a university degree in Agriculture, preferably agronomy.
· At least two years experience working with agricultural production and development, preferably with a reputable NGO or Government programme or project.
· Demonstrated ability in the design and effective use of training materials.
· Fluency in English, both written and spoken.
· Willingness to travel extensively especially within the project area.
How to apply:
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit their application letter (addressed to People and Culture Manager) together with an updated CV and copies of relevant credentials, contacts and three referees, one of them being a church leader to firstname.lastname@example.org before 21st May, 2013 Please indicate the reference number and post you are applying for
Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply
World Vision Tanzania does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, or training). Any applicant should not accept any request for fee or any payment.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, If you don’t hear from us 14 days after the deadline consider your application unsuccessful.
Deadline: 21st May, 2013