Employer: Mwananchi Communications Limited
Duty Station: Dar es Salaam
Application Deadline: 4th Jan 2014
Mwananchi Communications Limited, publishers of the leading Tanzania newspapers, Mwananchi, Mwananchi Jumamosi na Jumapili, Mwanaspoti, The Citizen and The Citizen on Saturday and Sunday is looking for motivated and highly experienced individuals to fill the positions of:
• Develops reports and writes feature stories for the MCL newspaper in finished form so that no major rewrite is required or no extensive additional reports are needed.
• Takes notes on location, carries out interviews checks facts and tape records as the case may be; writes news or features on own initiative, choice and judgment or at the direction of wither the news editor or section editor.
• The material so written must reflect a thorough understanding of tbe MCL's style of journalism as defined in the editorial policy guidelines and objectives, the house style and the journalistic code of ethical journalism.
• Researches and provides background information to make copy complete.
• Briefs features editor on stories gathered and writes the selected owns within set deadlines.
• Follows news feature leads and maintains close contacts with sources. Continually builds his/her contact list and demonstrates its value with consistent exclusive reports or information.
• Develops features ideas.
• Is primarily but not solely responsible for the Correctness of facts, content and style of his/her news reports materials.
• Closely co-operates with photographers from whom he/she orders pictures on the issues he/she covers.
• Performs both independently and under supervision in accordance with general principles and directives.
• Achieves agreed targets.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
• Diploma in Journalism
• I to 2 years working experience in Writing and Editing ill a daily paper Ability to carry out his/her duties with minimum supervision.
NB: Applicants Must Be Residents Of Above Areas
A competitive remuneration will be offered to the right candidate.
How to Apply:
All interested and suitably qualified individuals should forward their applications enclosing a detailed CV and copies of professional certificates, and a day time telephone contact to;
Human Resources Manager
Mwananchi Communications Ltd
P. O. Box 19754.
Dar es Salaam.
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.